Saturday 27 February 2010

Celebrity Sightings, Volume 2: Cool or Creepy?

Ok so I don't know what's going on with my celebrity radar this week but they keep popping up everywhere. I'm not sure if I'm becoming more observant/aware or if it's just a coincidence. Anyway, I already saw SJP, which was MY 'ultimate' celeb-sighting experience, but last week I saw the person who most other New Yorkers would deem the ultimate New York celebrity-sighting: Woody Allen.

I was on my way back from work, and had decided to walk down to 68th and Lex, instead of getting on at 77th. So I'm walking south, and just as I am coming up to 70th Street, I look up and I see him. Not JUST Woody Allen, however. Woody and Soon-Yi. (Cool. But creepy. But cool. But.... creepy) She was standing there holding some sort of box of something or other, and he was standing on the corner, wearing a hat that was partly shading his face, with a cane, and on his cell phone. What interesting, though, is that unlike all of my other celebrity-sighting experiences ('hey I know that girl from somewhere... where is it? Uni? Toronto? Oh no wait... that's Mary-Kate Olsen'), this time I recognized him *immediately*. But not only did I recognize him immediately, for a brief second I actually felt like I was IN A MOVIE.

Just as I thought that, he looked up at me, ready to recognize that I was recognizing him, but only making eye contact for a moment, because I was already looking away, and he went back to his phone conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous. I never see anyone here in dullville. Blog more bout exciting NYC life - I need to live vicariously ;)

    ReplyDelete